10 smart persuasive essay writing prompts
Persuasive essays are interesting assignments as the writer works to convince readers to change their opinion or feelings on a certain topic. This can be a challenging assignment as each person is entitled to their own opinion. At the same time you can present your side or point of view to see how you can make someone take on the opposite view. There are so many topics to consider it is a matter of having personal interests, creativity, and in some cases, thinking about things from an opposite perspective. The following topics are a few ideas to get you started:
- Snow days can help you get more quality time with your family.
- Homework assignments should be limited.
- Having a lot of money can be a good thing.
- More women should hold powerful positions and earn more money.
- Schools should teach more on being proper (etiquette).
- Dark hair is better than lighter hair.
- Making the use of racial slurs against the law.
- Magazine advertisements should not exploit women.
- You should be able to earn a specialized degree in high school.
- There is not enough sex education in schools.
Additional Tips on Persuasive Essay Prompts and Ideas
Think about the main goal of a persuasive essay. This can help you narrow down your options for a good topic. Some topics may seem impossible but it is worth a try in writing about it. A few controversial subjects can make for good ideas as they often have people taking sides. You want to choose a topic that presents the subject matter from the opposite point of view while presenting informative details worth reading. This type of essay may get confused with an argument or argumentative essay. In this case you attack a view point, but with a persuasive essay you talk mostly about one side while making your case believable.
In many cases, the topic you select will help you determine how well you can present views from one side without being aggressive on the issue. You are discussing points from one side that would make someone be more convinced they should see things from the perspective you are writing it from. Some ideas have validity and others may seem completing impossible but this is okay. You can get creative with real issues while pondering the possibility of changing someone’s views.